Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Nicky's Carry Outs at the intersection of west 35th Street and South western Boulevard. Chicago Illinois. October 2008.

Hi everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

I grew up on the southwest side of Chicago, and I fondly remember that there was this "Unofficial" chain of Greek owned fast food Gyros stand restaurants known as "Nicky's Gyros."

I am not sure if these places were actually related or a chain of some sort, as they sometimes had different architecture or style of business sign advertisement.

I have happy if not "Greasy" memories of those delicious and inexpensive "Big Baby Double Cheeseburgers", the "Pizza Puffs", and of course...the "Gyros".

I used to eat at the Nicky's Gyros locations at West 47th Street east of South Kedzie Avenue, the one at South Kedzie Avenue and West 58th Street, or the one on South Archer near Austin Avenue in the Garfield Ridge neighborhood near Midway Airport.

That reminds me...It's now lunchtime! Yum!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: