Friday, January 11, 2013

The original Dove's Candie's located at South Pulaski Road and West 60th Street in Chicago's westlawn neighborhood. ( Gone.) Chicago Illinois. April 1986.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

One of my more popular photo topics that I have recieved much input on from the readers at my blogsite, was the original Dove's Candies ice cream parlor, which was located at the southwest corner of South Pulaski Road and West 60th Street, in Chicago's Westlawn neighborhood.

This photograph, is a "Time Exposure" I had taken with my first 35mm camera, a Pentex M.E Super.

I took this picture, during a family photo outing way back in April of 1986. The thin man seen to the left of the lamp post, is my now deceased cousin Richard Horvath ( 1955 - 2008) who was a very avid photographer himself. Richard absolutely loved photography, and going on those photo outings with him was a lot of fun back in the day.

This is a nice way to remember my cousin Richard today.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: