Monday, August 12, 2013

local flowers alongside West 95th Street. Evergreen Park Illinois. Saturday, August 10th, 2013.

Hi everyone!

This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

During the 1980's and through the early 1990's, I made many trips to south suburban Evergreen Park Illinois. Many times I had my camera with me during the late 1980's and early 1990's. I first came here via the Chicago Transit Authority's Rt # 52A / South Kedzie bus line, later I would ride my 12 speed mountain bike here, and finally, my first car after 1991.

It has been many years since I actually had the opportunity to visit Evergreen Park in person, and many things have changed here since my last visit circa 2002.

One change I enjoyed seeing, were these local flowers that were planted along West 95th Street in recent years. The flowers that are shown here, were photographed at the southeast corner of West 95th Street and South Hamlin Avenue, just a few city blocks east of the border near neighboring Oak Lawn Illinois.

The flowers are a beautiful and very tasteful seasonal touch to this upscale south suburban community in the greater Chicagoland area.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: