Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Kiddiieland Limited departing on another run. Kiddieland Amusememt Park. Melrose Park Illinois USA. July 2006.

I took this photo after work one evening last summer. The 1950's era Kiddieland Limited streamliner, has just left the station, and is seen passing the east parking lot along 1st Avenue / U.S Route 171 in northwest suburban Melrose Park Illinois. Prior to the 1970's, the greater Chicagoland area had several little amusement parks. Kiddieland is the sole surviver from this forgotten era. Some of the parks that came and went were -Adventureland in Addison Illinois -Playland Park in Justice Illinois (My favorite.)
and Fairyland in Lyons Illinois.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I live in Itasca, and was wondering about where adventureland was located. I know it was by medinah rd and route 20, but what side and what is located their now. I would really appreciate feedback at ericabbate(at)sbcglobal.net, thanks.

Eddie said...

I believe that Adventureland was located on the north side of Lake Street, and on the east side of Medinah Road. I was only there once. It was way back in the year of 1976. It would turn out to be their last season of operation.

I could remeber, that the place was so small, it looked like a carnival in a picnic grove.

Thank You.
Eddie K.