Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The temporarily shuttered former Axel Roller Rink building on North Milwaukee Avenue. Niles Illinois USA. August 2010.



I took this photo after work last week.

Seen here along North Milwaukee Avenue just north of the intersection at Greenwood Avenue, is the empty building formerly known as The Axel Roller Rink way back during the 1970's.

I only roller skated twice here with My family way back during the Autum of 1975, as My Mom and Stepfather had recently discovered another Axel Roller Rink location that was actually closer to get to in Norridge Illinois, just about 5 miles south of here.

Both Axel Roller Rinks brought Me happy memorys when I was a teenager back in the mid 1970's and very early 1980's. Most of My Axel Roller Rink visits were at the Norridge location on North Harlem Avenue back then.

It was fun for Me growing up as in Chicago back in the 1970's as a teenager.

Just recently, the former Niles Axel Roller Rink was a SYMS warehouse store that had closed recently.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: