Sunday, November 28, 2010

Belt Railway of Chicago MP15 Switching at Hayford Crossing






I spotted this video on You Tube today.

One of My favorite railfan hang outs I had spent much time at during the 1980's, was Hayford Junction, located at West 75th Street and South Central Park Avenue in Chicago's Ashburn neighborhood.

I could remember riding out here on My bicycle, or taking the Chicago Transit Authority's Route # 52A South Kedzie Avenue bus to West 71st Street, and wakking several blocks west to get there.

The Belt Railway of Chicago, crossed the Grand Trunk Western here. The crosstracks are immediately west of the Nabisco factory. Aside from watching the many trains passing through here, half od the fun was just smelling the fresh cookies baking from the Nabisco factory in the air.

This video was photographed recently by a local photographer around sunset.

No comments: