Sunday, November 14, 2010

Remembering Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. 1928 -2009. The offseason back in November of 2006.





One place that I held very dearly to My heart like many of My fellow Chicagoans, was none other than Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park in near northwest suburban Melrose Park Illinois.

I knew since at least the early 1990's, that Kiddieland was definately living on borrowed time. I made it a point to take as many pictures as I could during the parks last few seasons in operation.

I took this photo during a clear and unusually sunny November morning back in 2006. The park had just closed for the season a week or so before, and all of the rides were either disassembled, or locked inside the buildings that housed some of them, that were now closed for the upcoming winter season.

This is how the northeast corner location of North and 1st Avenues in Melrose Park used to look like until recently. Kiddieland closed for good on Sunday, September 27th, 2009.

A large Costco strore has since been erected here.

No comments: