Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kiddieland Amusement Park at night. Melrose Park Illinois. July 2008.

I took this now very historic photo, back in July of 2008.

We are in the east parking lot of what was Kiddieland Amusement Park in northwest suburban Melrose Park Illinois.

Just beyond the fence, are the lighted carnival style rides on the park's east midway, wich brought joy to many visiting families here during the park's operating season annually from late April to late October.

During Kiddieland's final years of operation from 2006 to 2009, I would sometimes come here after work and shoot photos and short videos, as I somehow knew that Kiddieland was on borrowed time.

Kiddieland closed for good on Sunday, September 27th, 2009.

Now for some good news!
I actually had enough pictures and videos I had taken, to put together a homemade slideshow and video presentation I put together entitled "Kiddieland Memories"!

I have been showing this video at a number of Chicago area suburban public libraries, and I am currently recieving more offers to do so as I write this posting.

If You have already purchased a 2012 calendar, please mark the date of Saturday, March 24th. I will be hosting Kiddieland Memories at the Lyons Public Library on that date from 1:00 until 3:00 PM.

The Lyons Public library, is located at 4209 Joliet Avenue, in west suburban Lyons Illinois.

I know that it is a few months away yet, but this will be a fun event, and We hope to see You there.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: