Monday, April 23, 2012

The old Cock Robin Ice Cream Shop. Brookfield Illinois. October 2007. (Closed.)

I took this photograph back in October of 2007.

The old Cock Robin ice cream shop store in west suburban Brookfield Illinois, across the street from the Metra commuter rail station, had just recently closed for good when I had taken this photograph.

Although I did not reside in Brookfield Illinois, I made many trips by car with My family here during the 1970's. I came here many times on My own during the 1980's and 90's until the place eventually closed for good in 2007.

It was a tasty ice cream shop that also served Hamburgers as well. I seem to recall, that they had this unique ice cream scoop that made cube shaped ice cream layers on their cones.

I miss this place today, and the happy memories I had come to know here.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too bad that place is gone. I remember it well as a kid. Growing up in the Chicago suburbs, I have seen a lot of good places meet their demise. I.e : Yankee Doodle Dandy, Dispensa's Kiddie Kingdom and Kiddie Land, just to name a few. Thank you for this post.