Monday, April 30, 2012

The Oak Park IL Society of Model Engineers



I photographed this digital live sound video last year, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

One of several favorites amongst the many Chicago railroad's I had followed when I was growing up on the near southwest side of Chicago during the 1970's, was the Illinois Central and their post 1972 succesor Illinois Central Gulf.

Fellow club member Mitch, was operating His early 1970's era Illinois Central freight train across the club's old Missisippi River bridge during this particular Wednsday night session.

His train complete with an orange and white post 1967 color scheme Illinois Central EMD roadswitcher, brought back some happy memories for Myself, as I lived just north of the Illinois Central Iowa Division mainline in My old neighborhood many years ago.

No comments: