Monday, November 19, 2012

Construction of the CTA orange line to Midway Airport. Chicago Illinois. January 1990.

Hello everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

Just recently, I discovered several 35 mm photographs that I had taken during the 1980's and early 1990's, that were stored in boxes for many years.

This is one of those "Lost" and now valuable historic reference photographs I had taken back in January of 1990.

Although it was wintertime, the weather in Chicago during January of 1990...was actually quite mild for a short while. I took this photograph while enjoying one of those "Rare" wintertime bicycle rides one weekend during this thaw period.

Seen here, are several pieces of construction equipement at the site of the future yard, maintenance facility and terminal, of the Chicago Transit Authority's orange line rapid transit to Midway Airport. This photograph was taken facing west / northwest near West 59th Street and South Cicero Avenue, just east of Chicago's Midway Airport.

As always....this was one of those random snap shots I would sometimes take just for the heck of it all. I am so glad that I did!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: