Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The intersection of South Archer and Kedzie Avenues. Chicago Illinois. January 1990.

Hi everyone!

This is Eddie K your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Just recently, several 35mm photographs that I had taken during the 1980's and early 1990's, had surfaced during a recent trip to my Mother's house. After being kept in boxes for several years, I would now like to share some of my "Lost" photographs from my own personal archives.

I took this photograph in color originally, but I thought that it might be interesting to see how this one would look in black and white as well.

It is January of 1990 during a mild weather thaw cycle on the southwest side of Chicago. Seen here facing northeast on the diagonal South Archer Avenue, is the intersection of South Archer and Kedzie Avenues, in Chicago's Brighton Park neighborhood.

I used to hang out in this neighborhood, and met some nice friends at a place known as Jimmy's Gyros across the street, and out of view to the right of this photograph.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: