Monday, November 26, 2012

1950's era Santa Fe switching local.

I photographed this image from American railroading's golden age recently, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

My recreated 1950's era switching local from the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, is viewed operating on the club layout caboose first.

The locomotive is a recently released Bachman Alco S 4 yard switcher with DCC and Sound, painted in Santa Fe's 1950's era black and silver zebra striped color scheme. The caboose is an Athearn model of a Santa Fe cupola caboose, in pre 1966 boxcar red / oxide brown colors with ATSF stenciling on the sides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.
Also see my site: http://boligityrkia.net/