Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eastbound CTA Rt # 62 / Archer Avenue bus. Chicago Illinois. April 1990.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

I grew up on the southwest side of Chicago many years ago, and I have many happy memories from Chicago's Brighton Park, Elsdon, Archer Heights, Westlawn, Garfield Ridge and Clearing neighborhood communities near Midway Airport.

I was a very avid 35mm photographer during the 1980's and early 1990's in Chicago. It was a fun hobby for myself, and I enjoyed taking my camera out with me whenever possible.

I have many happy memories in particular, from Chicago's Archer Heights neighborhood. Between attending Curie High School from 1977 to 1981, bowling at Marzano's Miami Bowl, eating at Mount Pindo's Restaurant, as well as the Fireside Pub Pizzeria, the little diner at West 49th Street and South Pulaski Road with the neon "Eat" sign owned by the late great Elvira Scala (1917-2008), dining at Di Cresenzo's Pizzeria, and attending the annual summer carnival at Saint Richard's Catholic Parish...this neighborhood was full of many happy memories and nice people.

This photograph seen here, was one of those occasional "Random" snap shots I would sometimes take just for the heck of it all.

An eastbound Chicago Transit Authority Rt # 62 ? Archer Avenue bus enroute to downtown Chicago, is viewed passing the locally popular Firehouse Hot Dogs near South Keeler Avenue.

Ahhhh yes. Archer Avenue was fun for me.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: