Monday, November 26, 2012

GLEN CAMPBELL - WICHITA LINEMAN



Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

I have mentioned in many of my recent past postings of Eddie's Railfan Page, that "Happy Memories" are a very important part of my blogsite, and help to make it more entertaining. Although this is primarilly a blogsite aimed at trains and transportation enthusiasts like myself and a few others out there, I also like to incorporate an element of variety.

One of my favorite happy memories growing up in Chicago during the 1960's and 70's era, was listening to the many wonderful hit songs by country music singer and guitarist Glen Campbell.

Wichita Lineman was a huge hit song composed by Jimmy Webb, that was also later recorded by several other artists including Tom Jones, James Taylor, and guitarist Johnny A in recent times. Wichita Lineman was a big top selling hit for Glen Campbell in the year of 1969.

Here is an old video clip of a young Glen Campbell  performing Wichita Lineman with a full orchestra.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: