Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Eddie K at age 26. Chicago Illinois. October 1988.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

Believe it or not, that is actually Me in that photograph. Huh?

Here I am at age 26 back in October of 1988, knocking back and enjoying some good music. I was practicing my guitar, and just couldn't resist mugging for a "Rock and Roll" photograph of some kind.

During the 1980's, I enjoyed many of the rock and roll / Top 40 and R & B acts of the day...but also made it a point to never forget the people who paved the way for those very same stars years ago.

I enjoyed listening and playing 1980's era songs from Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band, Devo (Whip It) The Romantics, Talking Heads, Inxs, John Mellancamp and many others. However....I grew up in the 1960's and 70's era, and I always enjoyed rocking to groups and artists like Credence Clearwater Revival, The Doobie Brothers Three Dog Night, The Moody Blues, Paul Mc Cartney and Wings, Simon and Garfunkle, The Beatles and many more.

I enjoyed many kinds of music including Country and western, Blues, and sometimes I would just get in to a "Happy Days" kind of thing...and Jam to some 1950's era Rock and Roll oldies for the heck of it.

That Dire Straights mid 1980's era sports sweatband and the cassette Boom Box in ths photo indicate 1980's era pop culture, but my music taste went back even further.

Who cares?
LETS ROCK!!!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: