Monday, November 19, 2012

Mystery burried time capsule in Chicago's Westlawn neighborhood. Chicago Illinois. January 1990.

Just recently, a collection of 35 mm photographs I had taken during the 1980's and early 1990's, surfaced on a recent visit to my Mother's house.

Many of these photos had been in storage for several years inside boxes. Some of these like the one shown here, I consider "Lost" photographs from my own archives.

I took this photograph during a January 1990 bicycle ride through Chicago's Westlawn neighborhood near Midway Airport.

I remembered photographing this burried historic civic time capsule, but I forgot to document what street this was located at.

I am not sure, but I believe that it may have been somewhere around West 64th Street in a local city park, somewhere west of South Pulaski Road in Chicago's Westlawn neighborhood.

If anybody has any information on this local historic civic time capsule location, I would really appreciate it greatly.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: