Friday, August 02, 2013

Eddie K posing by a classic American muscle car. The Volo Antique Auto Museum. Volo Illinois. June 2013.

Hi Everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

I guess that you could say, that transportation subjects are in my blood. Although I am a life long Chicago railfan, I am also a big enthusiast of hot rods and muscle cars as well. I loved cars as long as I could remember. I used to build 1/25 scale AMT, Monogram and Revell car models when I was a teenager growing up in the 1970's.

Here I am, during a recent June 2013 visit to the Volo Antique Auto Museum, located in the town of Volo Illinois.

I am regretful that the cost of gasoline went ridiculously sky high, which helped hasten the demise of the classic Ameican muscle cars of the past. However, they can be seen, enjoyed and even be purchased here at the museum.

It's a really cool place!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

1 comment:

Anthony C said...

Emissions requirements and high insurance rates also put nails in the coffin of the American muscle car. After the 1971 model year, horsepower and engine sizes took a dive, and most of the classic nameplates being discontinued within the next several years.

However, there are models out now that smoke many of their legendary ancestors, with better rides, better fuel economy, safer construction, better handling and better braking to boot. Camaro, Mustang, Charger, Challenger and Corvette come to mind. The current-day versions are incredible.