Thursday, April 05, 2007

The old Tastee Freeze at west 58th Street and south Pulaski Road. Chicago Illinois USA. May 1984.

I took this photo on a warm night in May of 1984.
I was out having some soft serve ice cream with a friend I knew from nearby Curie High School just north of here on Pulaski Road. This little seasonal ice cream stand is still here today, but it is a privately owned independent business. In December when the ice cream stand is closed, the property is used to sell live Christmas trees.
To Me, this was a place of many happy summer memories, on Chicago's southwest side. I always enjoyed the flavored dip top cones -the chocolate malts, or the marshmallow sundaes they served.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another classic neighborhood shot from Eddie!

I know the place well. I've had too many of their treats. The photo exposure is spot-on, no easy task in such a difficult lighting situation.