Monday, June 22, 2009

The Dukes of Hazzard General Lee car in Chicago?

The Dukes of Hazzard TV show General Lee car at the Belmont Heights Auto Body Shop. Chicago Illinois. April 2009.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page from the city of Chicago Illinois.

I took this photo on My way back to work one afternoon after My lunch break, back in April of 2009. I attended Chicago's Curie High School from 1977 to 1981. I could remember spending My Friday nights watching the CBS TV show "The Dukes of Hazzard" from approximately 1978 until 1984. ( On and off the last two years.)

This isn't the actual TV show General Lee car, but rather a believable "Stand In" owned by a local Chicago area resident. The man that owned this one loved the show so much...That He strongly wanted his own General Lee. Here it is at the Belmont Heights Auto Body Shop at the corner of West Belmont and North Osceola Avenue.

The actual TV show Dukes of Hazzard General Lee 1969 Dodge Charger car, is on display at the Volo Auto Museum located in Volo Illinois.

1 comment:

autoseller network said...

Blog is interesting and motivated me a lot!! thanks