Friday, May 13, 2011

The Oak Park Society of Model Engineers.



I photographed this digital live sound video this past Wednsday night, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

Seen here, is My H.O Scale model train, that represents a post 1972 Illinois Central Gulf Railroad switching local freight train.

The locomotive, is an Atlas Proto 1000 EMD model SW 900 yard switcher painted in pre 1967 Illinois Central black and white colors with the I.C green diamond logo on the side of the cab. The cars are a mix of box cars from various fallen flag railroads that were operating in the 1970's around this time. To capture the look and feel of the August 10th, 1972 merger that had created the Illinois Central Gulf, a caboose from the Gulf, Mobile & Ohio Railroad brings up the rear.

During the 1970's, I lived approximately one mile north of the former Illinois Central Gulf's Iowa Division Mainline in My old Chicago neighborhood. I could recall seeing a numbver of ICG trains with a mix of color schemes and equipment like this one back then.

Happy memories in miniature!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: