Thursday, May 12, 2011

Penn Central EMD E-7 passenger locomotive # 4223. South Amboy NewJersey. July 10th, 1977

I found this photo at My Link page Fallen Flags.Org located to the right of Your computer screen.

The 1960's and 70's era, found many first generation 1940's and 50's era EMD locomotives that were still very much at work on a daily basis. Cab unit locomotives like this Penn Central EMD model E 7 however, were living very much on borrowed time.

Although some of these actually made it on to Amtrak's roster in 1971, almost the whole batch of this once popular passenger locomotive, would be cut up for scrap. Only one EMD E 7. a former Pennsylvania Railroad example, is preserved today at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg PA on static display.

This photo shows just how badly Penn Central's basic black color scheme, eventually did not weather very well.




This photo was taken many years ago, by a gentleman named
Walter Matuch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, This photo is owned by and was taken by Walter Matuch. You stole it and posted on your site illegally. You can be sued for such conduct so credit the photog or delete it.

Anonymous said...

Excuse Me there DUDE, this photo was on a public website.

Eddie did not do anything wrong.

Eddie K. said...

Hi everyone,
This is Eddie K from Eddie's Railfan Page.

My blogsite Eddie's Railfan Page, is a free / non profit site. I do not make any money here, not even on My own photos. I do this for fun.

When I posted this photo from My Link page Fallen Flags.Org, I gave Fallen Flags.Org credit, as this was the site I spotted this really nice photo at. I did not realizw that I had done anything wrong here, and I apologize if I did.

I have the deepest respect for Walter Matuch, and all of the photographers for providing us railfans with an excelent source of reference material. Thank You.

When I post an occasional photo from other sources like My Link pages, it is strictly for reference purposes.

Thank You.
Eddie K
Eddie's Railfan Page
http://eddiesrailroad.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Whats with the outdated Dude lingo?

If this guy is one of Walter's friends, then Walter sounds like He is hanging out with one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Proboubly Donatello.