Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pop Cop



I spotted this video on You Tube this morning.

One of My favorite childrens television shows I enjoyed watching when I was growing up in Chicago during the 1960's and 70's era, was the Hanna Barbara produced show known as "The Banana Splits".

This fun live action and cartoon show, aired Saturday mornings on NBC from 1968 to 1970.

One of My favorite segments, was this comical music dance video entitled "Pop Cop".
Seen here, is a then everyday Police officer directing rush hour traffic, with His own unique dancing style and flair set to late 1960's era instrumental "Go Go" style music.

Notice that todays "Reflective Safety Vests" apparently weren't invented yet.
Also notice the unique variety of cars, trucks and buses from the past rolling on any given city street back then.

No comments: