Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Chicago's Riverview Park. (Gone.) 1904-1967.

One of the wonderful fringe benefits I have discovered to hosting a blogsite, is the opportunity to occasionally host public speaking events that feature homemade musical photo slideshows I have put together, using Windows DVD maker.

I recently began researching the once many and now unfortunately long gone Chicago area amusement parks from the past.

There has been considerable interest generated from this, and I have been recieving numerous offers to host photo slideshows and lecture presentations recently, from several local Chicago area suburban libraries.

I have two of these that I will be hosting in the near upcoming weeks ahead.

n Saturday, May 12th from 1:00 until 3:00 PM, I will be appearing in the upstairs meeting room of the Eisenhower Public Library, located at 4613 North Oketo Avenue in Harwood Heights Illinois. I will be hosting a presentation about Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park in Melrose Park Illinois that closed in September of 2009, as well as featuring photos of some of Chicago's other amusement parks from the past as well.

On Saturday, May 19th from 1:00 until 3:00 PM, I will also be hosting the same event about Chicago's Amusement Parks of the Past, at the Elmwood Park Public Library.

The Elmwood Park Public Library, is located at 1 Conti Parkway Circle, in Elmwood Park Illinois.

If You could remember Riverview Park in Chicago, Adventureland in Addison Illinois, Fairyland in Lyons Illinois, Playland Park in Justice Illinois, or even Dispensa's Kiddie Kingdom in Oak Brook Terrace Illinois, then You won't wan't to miss these fun family oriented events.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: