Monday, August 20, 2012

A Ford snowplow truck with a Denver Boot. Chicago Illinois. August 2012.

I took this photograph recently, at the CTA blue line Cumberland Avenue parking garage.

I laughed when I first saw this unlikely scene of a local Ford snowplow equipped dump truck whith a Denver Boot attatched to the left fron tire. Talk about waiting a long time for that first snowfall of the approaching winter season in a few months from now.

The parking lot ticket booth worker at the exit questioned me as to why I snapped a photo of the truck. She soon explained to me that it was a privately owned truck owned by the company who manages the parking garage, and that the boot was in place, to keep would be thieves from steeling their snowplow truck.

Still, I found it kind of humorous anyway.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: