Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Johnny A - Witchita Lineman



Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Aside from my obvious trains and transportation interest, music and happy memories also play an important part here as well at my blogsite.

One of my all time favorite songs from when I was a kid growing up in Chicago during the late 1960's, was a song the songwriter Jimmy Webb wrote that country singer Glen Campbell had a huge hit with entitled "Wichita Lineman".

In recent years, this song had a few cover versions released by artists like James Taylor and instrumental guitar players such as Johnny A.

Johnny A was introduced to me via a compact disc recording by my good friend and fellow Chicago railfan Anthony C last last year, while we were out driving around on a photo outing whith our cameras.

I especially enjoyed the smooth and easy listening instrumental version of this song by Johnny A, and felt that it deserved a spot today here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

1 comment:

Anthony C said...

Nice surprise, Eddie, and thanks for the shout-out for Johnny A. His version of that tune has a very cool, dreamy, late-night vibe and ya gotta love that awesome Gibson Custom Shop Johnny A model guitar he's playing.

I've seen him perform live twice and have become a big fan. The guy can play!