Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Paul Mauriat & His Orchestra - Love Is Blue



Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

One of the things that keeps my blogsite rolling along, is an element known as "Happy Memories".

I grew up in the city of Chicago Illinois USA during the 1960's and 70's era.

When I was just six years old way back in 1968, instrumental hits either on the top 40, jazz or adult contemporary charts on the radio, were actually a big thing in the mainstream music world.

I first heard this song on the radio, and later television commercials during the late 1960's and early 1970's era, and for approximately 10 years after it's release...I never knew what the song's title was or who had recorded it, because many of the radio stations would never announce it back then.

This was one of those songs that I enjoyed early on, and was delighted when I finally found out that the song's title was "Love is blue", and was recorded by a French orchestra conductor named Paul Mauriat.

I seem to recall that during the mid 1970's, this particular song was also the theme to a popular local Chicago daytime television talk show that aired on WBBM / CBS Channel 2 known as the
"Lee Phillip Show".

This particular song still brings back happy memories for me today.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: