Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Westbound Village of Glenview Public Works dump truck with a snowplow attatched. Glenview Illinois USA. Tuesday, February 1st, 2011.

Hello everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

Welcome to 2013!

I took this photograph on the historic date of Tuesday, February 1st 2011.

The greater Chicagoland area, was hit with a record blizzard snowfall of 20.9 inches on this day, and I had taken my camera to work on this day! I had captured several dramatic weather photographs during this Chicago blizzard of 2011 as it was happening.

I took this photograph in Glenview Illinois, on my way back to my bus company garage. We are facing east on Glenview Road, as an oncoming Sterling snowplow equipped dump truck from the Glenview Department of Public Works, heads westbound during the storm, plowing snow and spreading road salt along the way.

It was a rough commute going home from work that evening to say the least!

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: