Friday, July 25, 2008

One of My earliest railfan photos. Vermont. July 1980.

Summer vacation surprise.

I officially became the railfan photographer I am , back in the year of 1983 when I had bought My first 35MM camera. However....I have a few "Unoficial" random train photos I had taken prior to this. In 1980, My Family and Myself went on a motorcoach vacation out east to the New England States. The scenery was wonderful and the people were very nice. I took this photo somewhere in the State of Vermont. What town You ask? I forgot.

I spotted this early 1950's vintage Vermont Railway ALCO model RS -3 roadswitcher spotting cars at what appeared to be a nearby industrial spur lead adjacent to where My bus tour made a rest stop. This locomotive would later be sold, and would eventually pull tourist trains on the Batten Kill Railroad in New York State.

No comments: