Friday, January 16, 2009

Eastbound Metra commuter local arriving at the Norwood Park commuter rail station. Chicago Illinois USA. November 2006.

Eastbound Metra commuter local arriving at the Norwood Park train station. Chicago Illinois. November 2006.

I took this photo one sunny afternoon, in November of 2006. An eastbound Metra commuter local, is seen arriving at the Norwood Park Metra commuter rail station on Chicago's far northwest side. This old steam era former Chicago & NorthWestern Railroad passenger train station, is located on the Metra / Union Pacific , Northwest line to Harvard Illinois.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't know if its too late to post this but I wanted to say that I was born and raised in Norwood Park, Il. Great community! Its because of these tracks from this station to the Park Ridge one on this same line is the reason I love trains to this day. Thanks for posting this picture! I can still feel the cold wind at my neck while standing on the train areas there in November. And also the beautiful blue sky on a Sunday that I remember so very well. And the smell of the RR ties in the heat of the summer from these tracks that will always be in my mind till the end of my life!