Monday, January 12, 2009

The old Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad Mc Cook depot. ( Gone.) Mc Cook Illinois USA. Early October 1983.

The old Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Mc Cook depot. (Gone.) Mc Cook Illinois. Early October 1983.

One of the most rare photographs in My archives, is this one I had taken back in My early railfan photography days. I was a 21 year old beginer at 35mm photography when I took this photo in Mc Cook Illinois. This was the former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad Mc Cook passenger depot, wich had stood east of the Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad crosstracks at Mc Cook Junction. This depot had long since seen it's last passenger train stop here, and was being used as a storage building by the time of My October 1983 visit. I had only taken this one photograph, and I am very sorry today that I didn't take more that day. Not long after My visit, the old station building was demolished.

No comments: