Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wintertime in Chicago's Edison Park neighborhood. Chicago Illinois USA. January 2007.

Wintertim in Chicago's Edison Park neighborhood. January 2007.

With bitterly cold single digit outdoor temperatures and plenty of radient sunshine to spare, I decided to take this photo one Winter morning in January of 2007. This photo was taken in Chicago's Edison Park neighborhood community, on Chicago's far northwest side. This is a very pleasant and upscale outpost community, located at the Chicago city limits near Park Ridge Illinois. In a couple of Months or so, this empty playground would soon ring with the sounds of laughing Children playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this Olympia Park? If so, across the street towards the RR tracks use to be an underpass for walkers to go under the tracks and end up closer to N/W Highway. This are a my friends and I knew well, before they decided that the very small and very steep muddy trail up to the tracks were not safe anymore. Back when I was young, my friends and I not only used this shortcut to go to Edison Parks business district, but we would also go up the steep incline and end up on the tracks and watch the trains going by. Of course we were very careful, but this is how my interest in trains, especially this particular set of 3 tracks stayed in my memory for decades. My friends, whom I am still in contact with, didn't carry the same great memories that I have, but I will forever remember the Saturday afternoons watching for trains that will always stay in my memory. Just thought I'd share my memories of the Edison Park area. I also had great memories of the same tracks going east into Norwood Pk. Those were the days! Now the area going up to the tracks there are forever closed up. Thanks for letting me share my memories of the train watching there! D.