Sunday, May 16, 2010

A former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe covered hopper in pre 1995 markings, Franklin Park Illinois USA. May 2008.

A former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe covered hopper in pre 1995 markings. Franklin Park Illinois. May 2008.

I took this photo during a Sunday afternoon visit to Franklin Park Illinois back in May of 2008.

Once in awhile, I occasionaly find treasures from "Fallen Flag" railroads of the recent past. The Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe was a Childhood favorite railroad for Me personally. I absolutely enjoyed seeing the trains and equipment of the railroad when I was growing up in the city of Chicago during the 1960's and 70's. I spent time railfanning the old A,T & S,F during the 1980's and early 90's, and had very mixed feelings when the Santa Fe and Burlington Northern merged and became the BNSF Railway back in 1995.

The sight of this old Santa Fe covered hopper, was just like old times again for Me.

No comments: