Monday, December 13, 2010

In loving memory of My buddy and fellow paratransit driver Billy Gonos.R.I.P Monday, December 13th, 2010.

My first day back at work today, was unfortunately met with some sad news.

My fellow paratransit driver and good friend Billy Gonos, had suffered a massive heart attack on His way to work this morning, and unfortunately did not pull through. Myself and My fellow employees at the First Transit, North Cook Garage in north suburban Glenview Illinois, are in a complete state of shock and disbelief at this time.

Billy was a wonderful person with a lively sense of humor, a big heart and a warm smile. I worked with Billy My first year and a half at First Transit before He eventually went to work at nearby MV Transport in Skokie Illinois, and had lots of fun almost every morning working with Him. Billy was a big fan of the late great Elvis Presley, and could do some really decent impressions of Him, wich made it fun to go to work.

Billy was also a DJ and Karaoke Host on the side, and for quiete some time, He would try to recruit Me to work with Him on some upcoming hosting gigs that unfortunately never materialized. We had a certain "Comic Chemistry" together, and at some point in time...started becoming "Radio Comedians", much to the dislike of Dispatch and Management. Ha Ha Ha! However...out of respect and professionalism, We both stopped.

Billy was one of the first people to befriend Me at First Transit, and He will be greatly missed by all who knew or worked with Him.

Rest in peace good buddy. I miss You.

Eddie K.

No comments: