Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Interior view if west Towns bus company # 776. A 1950 General Motors bus. The Midwest Transit Bus Museum. cresthill Illinois. September 2000.





From 2000 until 2002, I was a member of The Midwest Transit Bus Museum, located in the village of Cresthill Illinois near the city of Joliet.

This is an interior view of one of My favorite buses in the museum. Seen here, is an inside view of West Towns Bus Company # 776 built by General Motors in the year of 1950.

For many years, this vintage transit bus hauled daily bus commuters in the western suburban towns of Cicero, Berwyn, Oak Park, Brookfield and La Grange in Chicago's western suburbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! My dad worked for West Towns in the 1960's and Used to drive this very bus. I used to ride with him quite often. I was flooded with memories while looking at this photo. Thanks again.
Steve Beaudot