Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Chicago Transit Authority bus terminal loop at West 63rd Place and South Kedzie Avenue. Chicago Illinois. December 1985.





Hello everyone!
Welcome aboard the "Bus Day" edition of Eddie's Railfan Page.
This will be the last bus day edition for 2010.

I took this photo way back in December of 1985.
We are at the Chicago Transit Authority's bus terminal loop at West 63rd Place and South Kedzie Avenue, in Chicago's Marquette Park neighborhood on the southwest side of Chicago.

This terminal was very special to Me when I was growing up and used to reside in the city of Chicago.

As a little boy, I would ride the CTA Route # 52 Kedzie / California Avenue elctric trolley bus with My family to this terminal from My old neighborhood during the 1960's.

During the 1970's and 80's...I made many shopping trips to West 63rd Street and South Kedzie Avenue. Sometimes My family and I would go see the movies playing at the now demolished Marquette Theatre, or enjoy a Chicago style deep dish pizza at the nearby and now famous Giordano's Pizzeria.

The bus on the left, is a 1970's era CTA GMC transit bus working the CTA Route # 52 Kedzie / California Avenue line, while the bus on the right is a 1983 Flyer of Canada transit bus assigned to the CTA Route # 52A South Kedzie Avenue line.

No comments: