Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Eddie K's freight train from the former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad.

I took this photograph a few weeks ago, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

I have always been a big fan of the former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad. I model this railroad and trains from the late 1960's and early 1970's period when I was growing up in Chicago Illinois.

My Athearn Santa Fe EMD GP 35 wearing the blue and yellow 1960's era Santa Fe color scheme which was used from 1960 to 1972, pulls a short freight train past my camera location on the club layout.

It is easy to imagine, that those two double door box cars from the former Grand Trunk Western and the Detroit & Toledo Shore Line Railroad, are carrying a shipment of auto parts from the city of Detroit Michigan.

No comments: