Friday, November 02, 2012

Athearn H.O Scale models of 40 foot Hi Cube box cars.

I took this photograph this past Wednsday night, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.o Scale Model Railroad Club.

One type of freight car that myself and many of my fellow model railroaders have in our collections, are box cars. To break away from the standard American 40 and 50 foot cars, I recently began adding models of the modern 40 foot Hi Cube box cars.

Two of my 40 foot Hi Cube box cars are shown here. The green car to the left, is an example from the former Burlington Northern Railroad, and it is decorated in their simplified 1990's era BN markings.

The car to the right, is a late 1960's / early 1970's era orange car from the former Illinois Central Railroad. The I.C began painting their engines, cars and cabooses in this orange with the circular I.C split rail corporate logo in the year of 1967.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: