Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chilli and a Tamale at Goody's Hot Dogs. River Grove Illinois USA.

Chilli and a Tamale. Goodie's Hot Dogs. River Grove Illinois.

Hello everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page from the city of Chicago Illinois.
A favorite fast food item that some local Chicagoans associate with cold weather here in the windy city...is this combination of a hot cup of Chilli and a Tamale.

I love these things so much, that heck...I can eat these any time of the year.
The Chilli and Tamale combination is known in the southside Chicago neighborhoods as a "Tamale Boat". I took this photo at one of My favorite local fast food eateries known as Goody's Hot Dogs in near northwest suburban River Grove Illinois.

Goodys Hot Dogs is located in a large outdoor strip mall on West Belmont Avenue, near the CTA Route # 77 Belmont Avenue terminal loop east of the intersection at North Cumberland Avenue.

It is snowing today in Chicago, so lets eat! It's lunch time in the windy city.

2 comments:

Richard said...

The Tamale Company in Dallas. I always remember the hot dog stands in Chicago area having either Tamilies or some called it Chamilies.
A styrofoam cup w/ a tamale and chili.
I always suggest the menu item for my customers.
www.thetamalecompany.com

Anonymous said...

Man! That sounds great today!
Congratulations Eddie, You made Me hungry just reading this.

I want one of those now!