Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Northbound BNSF Railway light engine movement returning to Clyde Yard. Hawthorne Junction. Chicago / Cicero Illinois USA. Febuary 2007.

Nothbound BNSF Railway light engine movement. Hawthorne Junction. Chicago / Cicero Illinois. Febuary 2007.

I took this photo after work during that infamous Chicago Deep Freeze of Febuary 2007.
The things I remember that occured around Chicago when I took this photo were as follows.

1. It was eight degrees above zero Farenheight when I took this photo around sunset.

2. Several water main pipes bursted below the city streets due to the extreme cold
conditions.

3. Average night time temperatures were at or below zero degrees Farenheight.

4. There I was like a fool with My camera capturing this photo and risking frostbite/
Ha ha ha! Believe Me, it was worth it.

Seen here is a northbound two unit BNSF Railway light engine movement traveling over the Belt Railway of Chicago tracks, returning to the BNSF Railway Clyde Yard in nearby west suburban Cicero Illinois.

No comments: