Thursday, December 09, 2010

Grand Trunk Western freight train approaching the southbound interchange conection at Hayford Junction. Chicago Illinois. January 1987.





I took this photo way back in January of 1987.

An all morning lake effect snowstorm had fallen on the greater Chicagoland area. After it had stopped, I went out that afternoon on location to Hayford Junction with My camera in hand.

One of the memorable images of Chicago winter railroading I had captured on film that day, was this one.

A Grand Trunk Western Railroad freight train is now departing from the nearby Belt Railway of Chicago Clearing Yard. The train is viewed entering the southbound Grand Trunk Western Railroad interchange at Hayford Junction. I was up to My ankles and shins in snow, but it was well worth it that day.

No comments: