Saturday, January 01, 2011












I found this photo at My link page Fallen Flags.Org to the right of Your computer screen.

This photo is listed as being taken at Dolton Illinois, on September 27th, 1975.
The locomotive is Louisville & Nashville Railroad EMD GP 7 roadswitcher # 408.

One railroad color scheme and corporate logo that I had come to enjoy when I was growing up during the 1970's, was that of the Louisville & Nashville Railroad.

Between 1973 and 1975, My family and I had made three summer vacation trips to Florida aboard the Amtrak Floridian. I could remeber seeing many L & N freight trains as We passed through the states of Kentucky and Tennesee. Their unique gray, yellow and red color scheme was quiete striking to Me.

Many years and many mergers later, today the old L & N is now known as CSX Transportation Company.

No comments: