Saturday, January 22, 2011

Burlington Northern commuter train approaching the La Grange Road commuter rail station. La Grange Illinois USA. Febuary 1985.





One of My all time personal favoite memories from My early lineside railfanning days, were the many trips I made with a camera in hand, to west suburban La Grange Illinois during the 1980's.

I absolutely loved visiting the town of La Grange Illinois every chance I had. With a very bust three track Chicago to Aurora commuter mainline owned by the Burlington Northern Railroad, I ended up spending many an afternoon out there. Sometimes I would photograph a freight train or two on the east side of town, on the nearby Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad.

Between the train watching activity, friendly people in town and the pleasant stores to visit in downtown La Grange Illinois, this was My second home half of the time.

I still love La Grange Illinois today.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: