Thursday, January 06, 2011

Mister K's Restaurant on North Harlem Avenue in Chicago Illinois demolished in late 2010. New Auto Zone store being constructed on site in January of 2011.





I took this photo a few years ago, back in September of 2008.

For many northwest side Chicagoans familiar with the area near the intersection of North Harlem and West Higgins Avenues...The long standing Mister K's family restaurant along the east side of Harlem Avenue has been demolished.

I only ate at Mister K's just once after work one evening, back in April of 2009. Business was very slow, and I was their only customer at the time. They closed for the night around the time I went to pay My restaurant check.

Mister K's closed I believe, during the Spring of 2010.
building was demolished in late November and early
December of 2010.

A new Auto Zone store is currently under construction at
the former Mister K's Restaurant site in January of 2011.

Thanks.
Eddie K

No comments: