Wednesday, September 26, 2012

1960's era Santa Fe caboose hop.

I took this photograph a couple of weeks ago, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago during the 1960's and 70's era, and this is pretty much the era I prefer to model for the most part in H.O Scale.

The former Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, has been a lifelong favorite of mine. I lived approximately two miles north of their Corwith Yard facility, the Santa Fe served the industries in my old neighborhood 5 days a week on the former Illinois Northern Railroad industrial branchline, plus I always enjoyed seeing their equipment and color schemes.

Seen here in the foreground at the rear staging yard of the club layout, are My Bachman Alco S 4 yard switcher wearing the 1950's era Santa Fe "Zebra" color scheme, and my red Athearn Santa Fe caboose. This caboose represents the many that Santa Fe began rebuilding at their Cleburne Texas railroad shops in 1966.

My engine and caboose represent a late 1960's era Santa Fe caboose hop circa 1967, while the green and black Burlington Northern EMD locomotives in the backgraound, represent post 1970 era railroading.

Time travel is fun in H.O Scale.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: