Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A 1970's and 80's era Santa Fe local freight train, backing in to the rear staging yard at the end of the club's operating session night.

 
I took this photograph last week Wednsday night, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club in west suburban Oak Park Illinois.
 
The 9:00 O'clock hour was upon us, and it was time to clear the club layout of our model trains
that myself and several members had brought with them on the Wednsday night operating session.
 
My 1970's and 80's era modern Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad local freight train that was powered by an Athearn model of an early 1970's era Santa Fe EMD C F 7 light roadswitcher diesel electric locomotive, is viewed backing the train in to
the rear staging yard at Galena Junction.
 
I had just recently purchased this Athearn Santa Fe EMD C F 7 model a few months ago, at Des Plaines Hobbies. I had the model modified with a Soundtraxx Tsunami Digital Command Control system decoder.
 
This train reminded me of the Santa Fe's "I.N Branchline" local that served the industries in my old neighborhood 5 days a week.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: