Friday, April 25, 2014

An H.O Scale two train meet on the mainline. Photographed at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club. Oak Park Illinois. April 2014.



Growing up in the city of Chicago Illinois like I did many years ago, back in the days when the windy city was still the railroad capitol of the nation...I guess that it was only natural that I would become a railfan myself.

I took this photograph recently, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club in Oak Park Illinois. Like many other of my fellow Chicago railfan fraternity, I myself for many years was a big fan of the former Chicago & NorthWestern Railroad.

The club's layout features continuous mainline two track running. Just like the real mainline railroads out there, our busy mainline often finds two train meets on location. My 1970's era Chicago & NorthWestern freight train, is viewed passing another club members freight train on the layout too.

No comments: