Tuesday, April 08, 2014

An eastbound Union Pacific transfer train crossing Wolf Road adjacent to West Park. Des Plaines Illinois. Monday, April 7th, 2014.

 
I spent part of my morning lunch break yesterday roller blading at West Park in northwest suburban Des Plaines Illinois. I had a good 5 lap workout on the park's well maintained asphalt exercise path, and actually had the opportunity to do a little lineside railfaning with my digital camera in hand.
 
I had just finished my outdoor exercise roller blading workout, and had just put my roller blades and safety skating gear away in my car's trunk, when I heard the approaching sound of reving diesel locomotive engines working under load conditions, a locomotive air horn and bell, ad the ringing of the crossing signals at adjacent Wolf Road.
 
This heavy Union Pacific Railroad unit grain train, is viewed traveling over the former Chicago & NorthWestern Railroad freight only cut off line.
 

No comments: