Friday, April 25, 2014

Cars heading northbound on the one way South Christiana Avenue side street in Chicago's Mount Greenwood neighborhood. Chicago Illinois. April 1988.

 
One of my favorite activities I enjoyed doing during the 1980's when I was a young man in my twenties, was taking long walks on bright and sunny days. One of my favorite parts of Chicago that I enjoyed visiting and taking many a long and healthy exercise walk in, was non other that the Mount Greenwood neighborhood on the far southside of Chicago, near the city limits border.
 
I was enjoying a lovely and mild sunny springtime afternoon visit way back in April of 1988, when I took out my 35 mm Pentex M.E Super camera, and just for the heck of it all, snapped this residential neighborhood image on one of the many well kept up and scenic side streets in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood.
 
We are facing north on South Christiana Avenue near West 113th Street. A local motorist is viewed heading northbound on this one way street. The individual is either enjoying a lovely cruise on this beautiful day, or perhaps running some local errands.
 
Although it has been awhile...I hope to visit the Mount Greenwood neighborhood sometime in the near future. I just hope that the weather is as nice as it was on this photo outing way back in 1988.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: