Friday, July 06, 2007

Brighton Junction. Going....going.... Chicago Illinois USA. June 2007.

The times, they sure are a changing. The old fashioned steam era manual railroad junction at Archer and western avenues, was already in the process of having new overhead block signals installed at the time of My visit two weeks ago.
Seen just behind the northbound freight train, are the soon to be replaced manual semaphore signals at the crosstracks. I attempted to take another photograph, but I was spotted by a Canadian National maintenance department foreman, and was told to leave the property now!
This may be one of My last looks at the old railroad junction. I hope that the old signals and shack will see preservation in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad news, my friend. The Chicago Tribune carried news in today's edition of the end of manned operations:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-gettingaround_16jul16,1,4543037.column